Why am I hearing static or buzzing noise from my headset?
1. Please do not charge your game controller or game dock (e.g., Nintendo Switch dock)via the same power source as LGP2 Plus while using the LGP2 Plus' headset features. You can try using a ground loop isolator (Notes: 3 pole isolator ) between the game controller / Dock aux and your headset. Please see below the illustration:
The buzzing noise happened when you connect your devices to the same power outlet (e.g. with a multi-outlet power strip). Note that even if the power supply of your laptop computer is not connected, your setup may still be vulnerable to ground noise from an external device with its own power supply.
All devices that are physically connected to each other should share the same power outlet. You may also have to separate polarized plugs (two-prong) from grounded plugs (three prong), by connecting them to separate circuits.
Eliminate the possible sources by disconnecting nearby electrical devices one by one. Alternatively, disconnect all of them and then reconnect them one by one in order to identify which one is causing the problem.
2. Lower the volume level if the problem can be improved
3. We don't support wireless or Bluetooth headsets
4. We do not recommend using Apple EarPods on LGP2 Plus due to its proprietary design, which creates noises through its microphone.
5. Check the headphone that they using come with 4 poles and 3.5mm cable. We recommend using PS4/ Xbox One standard gaming headsets. LGP2 Plus is compatible with headsets of CTIA specification (4 pole plug: L, R, G, M at earphone microphone terminal).
Hereby list of workable headsets (a few examples):
• Kingston HyperX Cloud II
• Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver
• Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger
• SONY Wireless Surround Headset (when used with wired connection)
(* SONY Wireless Surround Headset) adopts the built-in microphone, so the volume output of the microphone might be low. )
• Xbox One stereo headset
• Madcatz TRITTON Kunai Stereo Headset
• SteelSeries Siberia 840 Gaming Headset
6. If none of the above them could match your situation, and you still hear buzzing noise even though you already changed different HDMI cables, please contact our Technical Support (URL: https://www.avermedia.com/us/support/technical ) and let us know the input sources and the name of application software you are using. Thank you.