AVerMedia Technologies, Inc., along with our affiliates and subsidiaries, (collectively, “AVerMedia”, “us”, “our” or “we”) knows how important privacy is to our customers.
We may need to collect certain items of personal data from you and use it for specific purposes. Please note that, generally, we will only collect certain items of your personal data for particular purposes based on the AVerMedia products and services you actually use.
We also explain the choices available to you regarding our use of the information, the steps we take to safeguard the information and how you may contact us if you have any questions about our privacy practices.
When you use AVerMedia products and services, you do not have to provide your personal data requested by us. However, if you choose not to provide your personal data to AVerMedia, we may not be able to provide the corresponding AVerMedia products and services or respond to your inquires.
What We Collect and How We Collect It
We strive to collect only the personal data that we need. The personal data AVerMedia collects depends on how you interact with AVerMedia. “Personal data” means any data which could directly or indirectly identify you. AVerMedia may collect the following personal data based on your prior consent:
- When you purchase a AVerMedia product, you may provide us with personal data such as:
- Your true, accurate, current and complete registration data, including your e-mail address, country/region and date of birth;
- payment card information (including name, card number, expiration date and security code);
- username and password for participating third-party devices, apps, features or services.
- Information we collect automatically
1. Device Information
We may collect device-specific information, such as your crashes, system activity, hardware settings, the date and time of your request. When you use our services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, and other sensors that may, for example, provide us with information on nearby devices, WiFi access points and cell towers
2. Your use of the Services
Your use of the Services, including clickstream data, your interactions with the Services (such as the web pages you visit, search terms, and the apps and features you use), the pages that led or referred you to the Services, dates and times of use of the Services when you contact AVerMedia.
4. Internet Protocol (IP) Addresses
For each visitor accessing or using our Service or browsing our website, our web server automatically recognizes and stores the visitor's IP address (the internet protocol address of the visitor's computer) to determine which areas of our website are being visited and how long each visitor spends there.
5. Log Files
We collect information in the form of log files that record website activity and gather statistics about your browsing habits. These entries are generated automatically, and help Us to troubleshoot errors, improve performance and maintain the security of our Websites. This information helps us understand visitors' traffic patterns through our Service and website so that we can enhance the overall usability of our website. Your computer provides this information automatically each time you log on, unless you have activated blocking technology available in some browsers.
- We may receive personal data about you from other individuals, from businesses or third parties acting at your direction, from our partners who work with us to provide our products and services and assist us in security and fraud prevention, and from other lawful sources.
Furthermore, we may also require you to sign up through your third party account (e.g. YouTube, Google, and/or Facebook account). With respect to our responsibility for your use of the service or product with your third party account, when you’re using the service or product, it’s important to bear in mind that although we endeavor to ensure that it is updated and correct at all times, we do rely on third parties to provide information to us so that we can make it available to you. All data you authorize will be deleted when you log out/ turn off AVerMedia product. Therefore, we will need you to re-authorize us to access your third party account every time you log in. We accept no liability for any loss, direct or indirect, you experience as a result of relying wholly on this functionality of the service or product.
- Related YouTube Functions, please reference YouTube Terms of Service page at:
- To revoke the access to your data, please reference Google security setting page at:
- To revoke the access to your data, please reference Facebook security setting page at:
- Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example, you can:
1. edit your personal data that you filed when registering our products.
2. choose whether you agree to allow our products to collect user information, device data, or location information.
We do not collect or use the personal data which you submit for any unrelated purposes, other than when obligated or permitted by local laws to do so without informing you in advance or without obtaining your express consent.
We do not share personal data with companies, organizations and individuals outside unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent in advance
We will share personal data with companies, organizations or individuals outside when we have your consent to do so. We require optin consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal data.
Except of these personal data, we may provide other information which cannot identify an individual to our trusted businesses to process it for us (e.g. Google Analytics), if we get your consent in advance.
We guarantee such information will not contain personal name, email address, or any information that allows to identify an individual, also not contain the serial number, machine codes information that can identify a single device.
- For legal reasons
We will share personal data with companies, organizations or individuals outside if we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Google, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
What We Do with personal data
We may use the personal data we obtain to:
- provide and enhance our Services, such as registering you or your device for a Service, identifying and authenticating you so you may use and interact with third-party services, and improving and customizing your experience within the Services.
- operate, evaluate and improve our business, including developing new products and services, managing our communications, analyzing our Services and customer base, conducting market research, aggregating and anonymizing data, performing data analytics, and undertaking accounting, auditing and other internal functions.
- provide delivery services (for example, delivering your purchased products) and order status updates, as well as to issue invoices.
- verify your identity, deliver event or campaign entries and rewards, contact you for event or campaign-related matters, provide cashback allowance, declare tax and provide shuttle services and cover you with insurance (if necessary) when you enter our events or contests.
- help us solve any issues you might be facing when you contact us with the problem of our products or services. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about the product or upcoming changes or improvements.
- send you important notifications and updates, such as software updates, security and technical notices and communications about changes to our terms, conditions and policies. Because of the importance of such notifications and updates, you may not opt out of receiving them.
- provide you with personalized marketing services, for example, using third party cookies to offer marketing communications and advertising that we believe may be of interest of you, or recommendation about services you may be interested in based on your use of AVerMedia products and services.
Accessing and updating your personal data information
- If your personal data is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that data for legitimate business or legal purposes.
- We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning data residing on backup systems).
Retention of your personal data
Cross-border processing of your personal data
Third-party links in AVerMedia products and services
AVerMedia will NOT knowingly collect online contact information from children or minors (as defined by local requirements), and if we learn that we have personal data about a child or minor, we will delete it from our systems. AVerMedia encourages parents or guardians (including other legal representatives) to spend time online with their children and to participate in their online activities. Children or minors are eligible to use our online sales transactions services ONLY with a parent’s or guardian's consent to and payment for the transaction, or to the extent permitted by applicable law. If you are a child or a minor, you are required to get the permission of your parents or guardians in order to complete certain transactions on this website.
We take precautions to protect your personal data against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction. We conduct internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and technical and organizational security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store your personal data.
Transmission of personal data between different locations of AVerMedia and its affiliated entities is performed through our secured wide area network. When you submit your personal data to us, your personal data is protected both online and offline. However, AVerMedia cannot guarantee perfect security on the internet.
Policy Governing Use
AVerMedia Technologies, Inc.
No. 135, Jian 1st Rd., Zhonghe Dist., New Taipei City 23585, Taiwan