During preview, recording or live streaming the video will have quality issues with lag or artifacts, what to do?
Please check the followings:
1. GC551 Live Gamer Extreme 2 is connected to USB 3.0/ 3.1 (gen 1) host controller port
* we recommend to use native Intel USB 3.0/ 3.1 (gen 1) host controller
*connection to USB 2.0 is not supported
2. Please don’t connect GC551 Live Gamer Extreme 2 via USB hub instead connect it directly to
USB 3.0/ 3.1 port to ensure it gets sufficient power supply.
3. In order to maintain stability of the recording/ live streaming try to avoid connecting other devices to the same USB host controller.
*connect keyboard, mouse, external HDD, web camera, Wifi device to other USB 3.0 controller or to USB 2.0 port.
*set the recording save path to your computer’s built-in SSD, HDD.
4. Please check and confirm whether your graphic card meets the requirements highlighted on GC551 Live Gamer Extreme 2 product page/ System requirements
For desktop PC the minimal requirement is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 or if you are using gaming laptop NVIDIA GeForce GTX 870M.
5. Make sure to keep overall CPU usage under 70%, if necessary terminate other running applications at Windows Task Manager.
6. In order to reduce CPU usage you may use encoder at RECentral 4
[Recording quality] ▶ "Custom" ▶ "Codec" with built-in CPU / graphics board (GPU) hardware.
*Software encoding: H.264
*Hardware encoder: GPU (NEVNC), CPU (QSV)
*Graphic card’s driver should be update to latest available version.