Warranty & RMA Service Policy
AVerMedia provides the warranty and RMA service policy for AVerMedia products, providing customers with clear guidelines for handling Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) cases. The primary objectives of this policy are to minimize RMA costs resulting from misjudgments and to ensure a swift response time for increased customer satisfaction.
2. Warranty Coverage
AVerMedia products are covered by a limited warranty that guarantees their functionality and performance. The duration of the warranty varies depending on the product category:
- Box PC / Engineering Kit: 2-year warranty
- Carrier Boards: 3-year warranty
- Frame Grabber: 2-year warranty
- Accessories: 30 days (DOA period)
Note: Extended warranties are subject to the same coverage outlined in this policy.
In the event of product discontinuance (also referred to as "End of Life" or "EOL"), AVerMedia will continue to provide support by replacing the EOL Product with the same model as originally purchased. If AVerMedia is unable to replace the defective product with the same originally purchased model, AVerMedia, at its discretion, will either:
- replace the standalone products with a product of similar function*, or
- provide credit of the equivalent amount for your next purchase with AVerMedia.
AVerMedia reserves the right to determine the purchase price on a case-by-case basis if the customer cannot provide invoices or purchase certificates as proof.
*"Similar function" is defined as having the same, similar, or equivalent specifications as the original AVerMedia product.
3. Warranty Eligibility
This warranty is valid only for AVerMedia products purchased from authorized distributors, resellers, or directly from AVerMedia.
4. DOA & RMA Definition
- DOA (Dead on Arrival)
Products are considered DOA if they exhibit a complete failure to power on, initialize, or operate as intended within 30 days of the original invoice date.
AVerMedia’s technical support team may offer the customer troubleshooting steps to confirm the DOA condition. This could involve carrying out specific tests or supplying extra information about the issue.
- RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization)
Products found to be defective after 30 days of the original invoice date and still within the warranty period are eligible for RMA returns. Products outside of the warranty period can still be serviced at the customer’s expense.
5. Warranty Exclusions
The warranty does not cover the following scenarios:
- Products with removed, tampered, damaged, or altered serial numbers or warranty stickers,
- Products purchased from unauthorized distributors,
- Products that have been tested, altered, modified, repaired, or serviced by individuals other than AVerMedia or its authorized service centers,
- Failure to adhere to the user's manual,
- Products operated in combination with third-party software obtained by the user or provided by AVerMedia in the product packaging,
- Products operated in combination with third-party devices/equipment, or damage caused by computer viruses,
- Damage caused by misuse, abuse, neglect, improper use of the physical or operating environment (such as exterior damage, exposure to extreme temperatures, high or low humidity, power overload, inadequate ventilation or stacking, throwing, soaking, etc.), or modification,
- Improper or unauthorized installation, wiring, repair, or testing
- Use of the Product outside AVerMedia's published guidelines,
- Accidents, fires, acts of God, or force majeure, such as natural disasters, environmental disturbances, or lightning; power surges,
- Improper maintenance or failure to use the information content in accordance with the product,
- Normal wear and tear or cosmetic damage that does not affect the product's functionality.
6. Requesting RMA Service
If a potential warranty claim arises, customers should follow these steps:
- Request information from your local distributor (AVerMedia Distributor List) or contact AVerMedia's Technical Support within the warranty period.
- Provide proof of purchase (invoice, receipt) and the product's serial number.
- Describe the issue in detail, including any troubleshooting steps taken.
For products outside the warranty period, AVerMedia offers repair services for a fee. Customers should contact AVerMedia's Technical Support for more information.
7. Service Policy
- For DOA: All DOA items will be replaced with new items, and both return and dispatch shipping expenses will be covered by AVerMedia.
- For RMA (In Warranty): AVerMedia will provide a free-of-charge repair service. The shipping method and costs of returning RMA items to AVerMedia are the customer's responsibility. The shipping method and expenses of sending repaired items back to customers will be covered by AVerMedia.
- For RMA (Out-of-Warranty): Customers will be charged a fee for product inspection and repair services. The shipping method and costs of returning RMA items to AVerMedia are the customer's responsibility. The shipping cost of sending repaired items back to the customer is also at the customer's expense.
8. RMA Evaluation Process
Upon receiving an RMA request, AVerMedia's technical support team will:
- Evaluate the provided information to determine whether the product falls under warranty coverage.
- Communicate with the customer to gather additional details or recommend troubleshooting steps if necessary.
- Provide an RMA number if the product was purchased directly from AVerMedia and is eligible for RMA service. Should products be acquired through authorized distributors, please liaise with the local distributor to obtain an RMA number.
9. RMA Return Procedure
Customers are required to follow these steps when returning products for warranty service:
- Obtain an RMA number from your local distributor, or AVerMedia's technical team.
- Package the product securely to prevent damage during transit.
- Clearly label the package with the RMA number.
- Include a copy of the RMA approval notification inside the package.
- Ship the package to the designated address provided by your local distributor, or AVerMedia.
Note: Prior to sending the product for repair, customers are advised to take the necessary measures to safeguard their data. This includes creating backups of important files, documents, and settings. AVerMedia is not responsible for any loss of data that occurs as a result of repairs, replacements, or any actions taken during the repair process.
10. RMA Resolution
Upon receiving the returned product, AVerMedia will:
- Inspect and test the product to verify the reported issue.
- Repair or replace the product as deemed appropriate by AVerMedia's technical team. In cases of user-induced damage, repair costs will be borne by the customer, and AVerMedia will provide a repair quote.
- Notify the customer of the resolution and provide an estimated return shipping date.
11. Customer Satisfaction
AVerMedia is committed to providing prompt and efficient service to ensure customer satisfaction. Feedback regarding the RMA process is welcomed to continually improve services.
AVerMedia does not provide services under circumstances other than those previously mentioned in the warranty policy, nor carry any other implicit, explicit, or subsidiary obligation in the warranty policy. Please refer to, and only to, the warranty policy for AVerMedia service obligation. The warranty policy supersedes any other promise in oral. The warranty policy does not cover any random, extraordinary, direct, or indirect damage that comes with the manufactured product, even when AVerMedia has been notified of the possibility of such damages. All actions of repair, or replacement by AVerMedia are in fulfillment of the promises indicated under the warranty policy.
13. Changes of Warranty & RMA Service Policy
AVerMedia reserves the right to change, explain, and modify the Warranty & RMA Service Policy from time to time without notice. Please review the policy each time that you visit.