Dear valued AVerMedia customer,
In order to better safeguard and protect your customer rights, please read carefully the following conditions when requesting product warranty services:
AVerMedia guarantees that the hardware products purchased by the customer shall have no defects in either material or workmanship. If the product is found to have a defect or failure within the specified duration of the warranty period, AVerMedia will provide the appropriate services for measures based on the provisions of the limited warranty. Unless otherwise specified, the product warranty period recognized by AVerMedia will be the period stated on the sales receipt or invoice, which the customer should have obtained on the original date of purchase. Only during this period is the customer entitled to AVerMedia warranty service.
Thank you for choosing AVerMedia products. Register your product and automatically get 12 months of warranty extension for free.
- The extended warranty program is currently available only for the following list of products. Click here for product list
- Please register your product within 90 days of purchase.
- The warranty durations are calculated based on the date of invoices. Please provide your original proof of invoice and product registered information when requesting warranty services.
- The extended warranty program is currently NOT available to products purchased in Japan.
EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
- If the AVerMedia product was supplied as part of a system, it is not covered by the AVerMedia warranty procedure. Please contact your system builder.
- Warranty period may differ regionally; please kindly check with your point of purchase.
- Warranty invalid if damage/dysfunction caused by improper handling/usage, destruction.
- Warranty invalid if system has been disassembled by end-user or non-AVerMedia-authorized repair centers.
- Warranty extension or special warranty package bought at point of purchase is not reflected in this chart.
- The warranty period do not apply to accessories.
- Warranty void for users removing serial number sticker on the product.
- In order to receive warranty services, the customer must be able to furnish proof of purchase (i.e., an invoice) from the seller. In addition, the proof of purchase must display clearly a valid registered seller name and the seller branch to be accepted for warranty service.
- Customers wishing to receive warranty service must apply at the original store or distributor from which the product was purchased. If the product was purchased from an international states or countries, the customer still must apply for warranty service with that original store or distributor.
- Some states or countries may have regulations that differ from the aforementioned provisions. Please read the packaging details carefully at the time of purchase, or ask the store directly for more details.
- The warranty applies only to consumer electronic products. AVerMedia, the company, has not undertaken to provide or integrate customized product-related services to the customer, such as but not limited to SDK or any software installation.
PROBLEM RESOLUTION AS UNDERTAKEN BY THE COMPNAY
Upon contacting AVerMedia to seek problem resolution, please ensure that you are familiar with and abide by the company procedures for determining and resolving the problem. By means of calling, emailing, or remote assistance, the customer service center will diagnose and fix the problem. Under certain circumstances, you may be required to download and install specified software for updates. In the event that calling, updating software, or other means fail to resolve the issue, AVerMedia and its customer service center will arrange for repairs appropriate to the warranty service provided to the product.
REPLACEMENT PRODUCT AND PARTS
If the services provided during the warranty period stipulate a need for product or parts replacement, then the customer agree that the original products and parts being replaced will belong to AVerMedia, and the replacement parts will belong to the customer. This premise applies solely to AVerMedia products and parts deemed eligible for replacement. AVerMedia does not guarantee that the replacement product or part provided will be new, but AVerMedia guarantees that it will be able to function properly or equal to the standard of an original counterpart. Replacement of the product or parts may only occur during the warranty period remaining from that set forth by the original warranty period. When sent for replacement, products or parts will be replaced by the same type of product or part. There will be no repairs undertaken for those products or parts.
USE OF PERSONAL CONTACT INFORMATION
If you obtain service under this warranty, you agree to and fully authorize AVerMedia to store, use, and handle information related to the warranty service, as well as your personal contact information, including but not limited to your name, phone number, address, and email. AVerMedia requires this information to perform the necessary service set forth by this warranty. For warranty service and outcome satisfaction, AVerMedia reserves the right to contact you in order to understand the problems that occur during usage of the product; the company may also notify you about any product recalls or safety issues. To achieve satisfactory results, the customer fully licenses AVerMedia to transfer his/her customer information to the country or region of the original purchase. This allows AVerMedia Technologies, Inc. to undertake the scope of product or parts maintenance of the warranty service. AVerMedia may also disclose this information under certain legal requirements.
SERVICES OUTSIDE THE SCOPE OF WARRANTY
AVerMedia assumes responsibility for maintenance only under the circumstances of normal use that result in hardware failure. AVerMedia does not accept responsibility for failures or defects caused by human factors, unnatural causes, or otherwise, including but not limited to：
- Products operating with discontinuity or without verification.
- Products resulting in data loss or corruption.
- Any software program that is included in the product or with subsequent installation.
- Defects due to misuse, abuse, accident, modification, or improper use of the physical or operating environment (such as the exterior ruptures, moisture, exposure to temperature, high or low humidity, power overload, placement subject to extreme environments that include a lack of ventilation or stacking, throwing, soakage, etc.); acts of God or force majeure such as natural disasters, environmental distress, or lightning; power surges; improper maintenance or failure to use the information content in accordance with the product that result in damages.
- Damages caused by non-authorized service providers.
- Tampering of or removal of the identification tag of the product or parts.
- Malfunctions or damages arising from improper usage, opening the product, modification, or installation.
- Any modification or installation of non-factory-authorized software or hardware that result in functional instability or hardware inefficiencies.
SCOPE OF WARRANTY SERVICES
Services may vary by geographic region. If you purchased product support from AVerMedia, please contact AVerMedia or its agents for a response regarding the appropriate services for your product. AVerMedia’s scope of warranty services include：
- Customer Delivery Service
According to “Customer Delivery Service,” the customer must pay for their own product to be delivered to a designated service center for repair or replacement, and all risks are borne by the customer. The customer may retrieve the product after the repair or replacement process has been completed. Should the customer fail to collect the product, the company will handle the product as it sees fit without incurring any liability.
- Mail-In Service
According to “Mail-In Service,” customers will be required to pay for their own products to be mailed to a designated service center for repair or replacement, and all the risks are borne by the customer. After the product has been repaired or replaced, AVerMedia will send the product back to the customer at their own expense and bear all risks, except where otherwise specified by service dealers.
- Customers’ Two-Way Mail Service
According to “Customers’ Two-Way Mail Service,” customers will be required to pay for their own product to be delivered to a designated service center for repair or replacement, and all the risks are borne by the customer. After the product has been repaired or replaced, the product will be returned to the customer, for which all delivery and other risks are borne by the customer. If the customer fails to arrange for the return transport of the product, the company will handle the product as it sees fit without incurring any liability.
- On-Site Service
AVerMedia and service providers do not serve as service providers of on-site maintenance, installation, instructing, or troubleshooting problems, such as questions regarding the usage of the product in question or the need to undertake repair or replacement. In the event that calling, updating software, or other means fail to resolve the issue, AVerMedia and its customer service center will arrange for repairs as specified under “Scope of Warranty Services (a).”
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
AVerMedia accepts responsibility for the damage of loss of products only under the following circumstances: when the company has a product in store or when a product is being transported by the company. If any information contained in the product (including confidential information, proprietary information, or personal information) is missing or revealed, AVerMedia or its service dealers are without responsibility.
Under any circumstances, if the solutions proposed under the warranty have not fulfilled its basic purpose, AVerMedia, its subsidiaries, suppliers, and dealers do not assume any burden of liability: (a) loss, damage, or disclosure of client data; (b) special damages, incidental damages, punitive damages, or consequential damages, including but not limited to loss of profits, loss of business revenue, goodwill, or anticipated damage to balance loss, and even if the possibility has been raised, whether the claim is based on contract, warranty, negligence, strict liability, or other liability. Under the circumstances that AVerMedia, its subsidiaries, suppliers and distributors assumes responsibility for damages caused by any reason, the amount of its total liability shall not exceed the actual payable of direct damages, nor shall it exceed the amount paid by the customer for the product. Prejudice to the foregoing restriction does not apply to personal injury or death caused by injury, nor does it apply to the compensation required by law for AVerMedia to assume with regards to real or tangible property. Where the law does not exclude or limit incidental or consequential damages, the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to the customer.
This warranty provides the customer with specific legal rights. The customer may be subject to jurisdiction in accordance with the relevant laws in his or her district, but the customer is subject to the laws and regulations that govern the country or state where the product was originally purchased. This warranty does not affect any legal rights, including the limitations or exclusions laid out by this contract; instead, the control of the consumer goods sold is governed by the relevant laws or regulations born of consumer rights.