- I Can’t find device in device manager
- 1. For PCIe devices, try changing the device to a different PCIe slot and make sure the hardware installed correctly.
2. For Mini card devices, there are two spec m-PCIe and USB make sure the slot installed matches the Mini card requirement. You can find the Mini card spec in Mini card data sheet.
3. For USB devices, check the product specifications (USB 2.0 or USB 3.0) and update the motherboard USB controller driver.
4. If the above methods did not solve the issue, please contact our technical support team.
- Is Embedded Server supported?
- If an Embedded Server is required, contact us for further information.
- Is PCIe x16 supported?
- 1. Yes, most PCIe x16 slot are backward compatible with x8 x4 x1. Check your motherboard manual to find PCIe slot compatibility.
2. Possible combination:
PCIE x1 in PCIEx1, PCIEx4, PCIEx8, PCIEx16
PCIE x4 in PCIEx4, PCIEx8, PCIEx16
PCIE x8 in PCIEx8, PCIEx16
PCIE x16 in PCIEx16
- Why doesn’t my video source display when it is connected to a capture card? (It displays when it is connected to a TV).
- Video signals vary, for example medical systems have special requirement. For such circumstances please contact our technical support team.
- The resolution is incorrect.
- Make sure the input signal resolution is the same as the SDK/Capture Studio settings.
- I receive a "No Signal " message.
- 1. Make sure the cable is connected correctly.
2. Check if the driver and software versions are up to date.
3. Check the supported resolutions and make sure the input signal matches the software settings.
4. Confirm format alignment. For example, if the input signal is digital, a product that only supports analog will not display a signal.
5. If the above methods did not solve the issue, please contact our technical support team.
- I receive an "Out of range " message.
- 1. Check the resolution.
2. Make sure the input signal resolution matches the SDK/Capture Studio settings.
3. If the above methods did not solve the issue, please contact our technical support team.
- I receive a "HDCP" message.
- Check if the video is protected by HDCP (High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection). Unauthorized HDCP video content is not supported.
- Are Linux drivers supported?
- Contact us and provide your Linux and kernel versions. We will provide you with further information.
- Are USB 3.0 products backwards compatible?
- Our USB 3.0 products are not compatible with previous versions (such as USB 2.0).
- The audio and video are out of sync.
- 1. When recording AVI, make sure your HDD’s RPM speed meets sustained transfer speed requirements.
2. When recording H.264, make sure your CPU can meet the performance requirements.
- The driver cannot be installed.
- 1. There may be conflict issues between installed driver/applications. Remove all AVerMedia driver/applications then restart the system and re-install the driver.
2. If above method did not solve the issue, please contact our technical support team.
- Does CE511-MN/HN use motion adaptive deinterlacing for 4K video? If so, how do I set this function?
- AVerMedia CE511-MN/HN uses motion adaptive deinterlacing by default.
- In Linux, how do I change the recording video format or video resolution (V4L).
- To choose video source, enter the following:
v4l2-ctl -d /dev/video0 -i 2 (HDMI = 1, VGA = 0, S-video = 2) value depends on capture card.
To check resolution, enter the following:
replace '$' with your device index
1. To install v4l-utils, enter the following:
# apt-get install v4l-utils (as root or with sudo)
2. To check C353 video device index, enter the following:
# v4l2-ctl --list-devices
3. To set video input, enter the following
# v4l2-ctl --device=/dev/video$ --set-input=<index>
4. To set output video format, enter the following:
# v4l2-ctl --device=/dev/video$--set-fmt-video=width=<width>,height=<height>,pixelformat=MPEG
5. To set default video format, enter the following:
# v4l2-ctl --device=/dev/video$ --set-fmt-video=width=0,height=0,pixelformat=<MPEG or YV12>
1. To downscale to 1280x720, enter the following:
# v4l2-ctl --device=/dev/video0 --set-fmt-video=width=1280,height=720,pixelformat=MPEG
2. To reset to default resolution, enter the following:
# v4l2-ctl --device=/dev/video0 --set-fmt-video=width=0,height=0,pixelformat=MPEG
- What are the differences between C039/C039P/C039H?
- C039 and C039H are similar and are designed for general use with DirectShow software.
C039P is designed for commercial use and supports AVerMedia SDK.
- Can C285/CR530/ER130 capture snapshots while recording?
- No, they cannot capture snapshots while recording.
- What do I do or how do I solve the "result = CAP_EC_UNKNOWN_ERROR" when calling AVerAPI in sub thread?
- When calling AVerAPI, use CoInitialize(NULL) and CoUninitialize().You can also try upgrading your SDK to versions Basic / Pro 188.8.131.52 or later. For more information, please contact AVerMedia technical support staffs at : <TechSupport@avermedia.com>.
- Does AVerMedia frame grabber support OpenCV?
- Yes, please refer to the document for details.
- Does AVerMedia products support HDMI Consumer Electronics Control (CEC)?
- No, by default AVerMedia products do not support HDMI CEC. However, if you have such a requirement, please contact us.
- Why do I fail to record 4K video in MPG format with CN311-H?
- Due to the regulation of MPG specification, the maximum is up to 1088 resolution.
- I installed the CL311-M1 on the PCIe x16 slot of my Asus PRIME X370-PRO motherboard but cannot shutdown or reboot the system normally.
- Please install the CL311-M1 into another PCIe x16 slot if you cannot shutdown or reboot the system normally.
- How does your CL311-M2 support VBI function?
- Customers can develop their own software with CL311-M2 to implement broadcasting closed captions or use the 3rd-party software (ex. VLC) for broadcasting closed captions.
- Turn on the Capture device in Windows 10
In Windows Search type “Privacy Settings” then click “Enter” (Please see click the PIC-2 link below to see the screenshot)
At Privacy Settings/ App Permissions/ Camera find the toggle and make sure to set it on
“Allow apps to access your camera” (Please see click the PIC-3 link below to see the screenshot)